- 30 oz Can of Chickpeas, Drained
- 1 Shallot, Rough Chop
- 3 Garlic Cloves
- 2 Tablespoons Chickpea Flour
- 2 Teaspoons Cumin
- 1-2 Teaspoons Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- ¼ Cup Parsley
- ¼ Cup Dill
- ⅓ Cup Olive Oil, Additional Tablespoon if Needed
- Zest and Juice of 1 Lemon
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees fahrenheit.
- Add all ingredients to food processor and pulse for about 1 minute or until smooth.
- Form mixture into 1 inch balls(I use a cookie scoop) and place on parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve in a pita with tzatziki or over your favorite salad.
I’m a firm believer in there’s always a reason to celebrate, which often leads to a couple extra glasses of wine and a few orders of french fries on the weekend and a required detox on Mondays. I’ll never give up weekend fun with friends and family, so RD and I try to go meat and alcohol- free every Monday… and Tuesday if we are feeling extra ambitious.
Falafel is the perfect meatless Monday option! They are quick, versatile and extremely satisfying. I often make a double batch and freeze half to have on hand for quick lunch options. My favorite way to serve them is on top of a Greek salad, but they work well in a sandwich or with roasted veggies. Make some this week and let me know what you think!!!