Signs of Spring are popping up all over the country, even in Connecticut. I can’t think of a better way to celebrate the season than with a pastel cake. Also, I’m a firm believer that there is never a wrong time for sprinkles!! This recipe uses a cake mix as its base and couldn’t be easier to whip up. The sour cream keeps the cake incredibly moist, and along with the cream cheese frosting it prevents the cake from being overly sweet.
Bring the joy of sun, early blooms and warmth into your kitchen this weekend with this festive cake. Your friends and family will definitely thank you. Happy Spring!!!
- 1 Box White Cake Mix
- 1 Box Vanilla Instant Pudding Mix
- 4 Eggs
- ½ Cup Granulated Sugar
- ½ Cup Sour Cream
- ¾ Cup Vegetable Oil
- ¾ Cup Water
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla
- ½ Cup Rainbow Sprinkles, Plus ½ Teaspoon All Purpose Flour.
- Non-stick Spray for Baking
- Preheat Oven to 350 Degrees Fahrenheit.
- Spray a bundt pan with baking spray.
- In a bowl of electric stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment combine cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, sugar, sour cream, oil, water and vanilla.
- Mix on medium speed for approximately five minutes.
- Add flour to sprinkles and fold mixture into the cake batter.
- Pour batter into prepared bundt pan and bake for 45 to 50 minutes.
- Let cake rest for a minimum of 10 minutes before removing from pan.
- Let cake cool completely before frosting.
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 16 Ounces Cream Cheese (Room Temperature)
- 3 ½ Cups Confectioners Sugar
- ⅓ Cup Heavy Cream
- 2 Tablespoons Vanilla
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment combine cream cheese, sugar, cream and vanilla.
- Mix at medium speed for approximately five minutes until smooth and creamy.
- Using a piping bag, drizzle frosting on top of cooled cake.
- * Decorate using homemade sprinkles! I used this recipe.
*Do not use the homemade sprinkles in the cake batter since they can easily dissolve.