Happy Super Bowl weekend! I don’t know about you, but to me the Super Bowl is just the perfect excuse to eat ALL the delicious food. Chips, queso, subs, pizza… I plan to eat it all! But, is it really a Super Bowl party if you don’t have buffalo wings?!?!? I could put buffalo sauce on anything… popcorn, mac & cheese, breakfast sandwiches, etc. There are very few things that aren’t enhanced with the addition of a bit of heat. For the second biggest foodie day of the year I have to go with classic chicken wings. They are definitely a crowd pleaser and this recipe can easily be doubled or tripled depending on the guest list.
If you’re looking for a few more additions to your menu check out my artichoke dip and jalapeño poppers! No matter if you’re watching for the game, commercials or like me the food, hope everyone enjoys!
- 1 Pound Chicken Wings, Tips Removed
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 3/4 cup Buffalo Sauce
- 1 Cup Buttermilk
- 4 Tablespoons Butter
- Zest and Juice of 1 Lemon
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Season chicken wings with salt.
- Combine ¼ cup buffalo sauce and buttermilk.
- Marinate wings in buttermilk and buffalo mixture for a minimum of 2 hours and up to 6 hours.
- Remove wings from marinade and place on parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake wings for 25 to 30 minutes.
- While wings are baking add remaining buffalo sauce, butter, lemon juice and zest in a sauce pan.
- Heat over medium heat for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Once wings are removed from oven, toss with sauce and serve.
Blue Cheese Dip
- 2 Tablespoons Mayonnaise
- ½ Cup Buttermilk
- ½ Cup Crumbled Blue Cheese
- 1 Teaspoon Black Pepper
- Combine mayonnaise, buttermilk, blue cheese and pepper.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour then serve with wings, celery and carrots.