The past few weeks have been exceptionally busy with work, wedding planning and attempting to squeeze in a little time for physical activity and visiting friends. While it’s easy to fall into the take out trap I always feel better when I have a home cooked meal. I try to keep cauliflower rice on hand since it’s so versatile and one of my favorite weeknight meals. The entire dish takes less than 30 minutes so there’s still plenty of time to check things off the never ending to-do list!
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 Pound Ground Chicken
- 1 Large Shallot, Diced
- 2 Cloves Garlic, Minced
- 14 Ounces Cauliflower Rice
- 1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1 Teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
- 3 Tablespoons Fresh Dill, Chopped
- Juice & Zest of 1 Lemon
- 1 Cup Diced Cucumber
- 1 Cup Diced Fresh Tomato
- ½ Cup Crumbled Feta
- Heat olive oil over medium-high heat in large skillet.
- Add shallot to oil and cook for about 3 minutes until they just start to brown.
- Add ground chicken and garlic to pan.
- Add salt, pepper and red pepper.
- Cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until chicken begins to brown.
- Add cauliflower rice and reduce heat to medium and cook for about 7- 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in fresh dill, lemon zest and juice.
- Serve and top with cucumber, tomato and feta.