It’s Sunday! And that can only mean one thing. Game Day Bites! This week I’m turning up the heat with jalapeño poppers. I’m taking the classic football snack and simplifying the process by baking instead of frying. Who wouldn’t want to save time and a few calories? You’ll also have more time to watch the game or whip up additional treats. So grab a beer, cheer for your favorite team and dig in!
- 8 Jalapeños
- 8 Ounces Cream Cheese
- 1 Cup Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 1 Tablespoon Black Pepper
- 1 Teaspoon Hot Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Mayonnaise
- 4 Ounces Jalapeño Kettle Cooked Potato Chips, Crushed
- Preheat Oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cut jalapeños in half length wise, seed and devein.
- In medium bowl mix room temperature cream cheese, cheddar, black pepper, hot sauce and mayonnaise.
- Transfer mixture into piping bag. If you don’t have a piping bag you can use a plastic baggie and cut off the corner.
- Pipe mixture into 16 jalapeño halves.
- Roll jalapeños in crushed potato chips.
- Place filled jalapeños on parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake jalapeño poppers for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown on top.
- Serve immediately.
One Comment Add yours